Medium: Selium-toned silver print photograph
Dimensions: 13 1/3 x 10 1/4 in. (33.9 x 26 cm)
Signed: Signed in pencil, lower right on mat by artist -George C. Christensen.
Credit Line: Gift of George Christensen. In the Art on Campus Collection, University Museums, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
The Bells of Iowa State were donated by Edgar W. Stanton in 1897 as a monument to his wife Maragret MacDonald Stanton, who died in 1895. The original freestanding tower, which contained 10 bells and today has 50 bells, remains a favorite ISU tradition, treasured by students, alumni, and campus visitors.